December 6, 2007

Christmas anticipation?

As you might know , I'm not a friend of public holidays , especially if they have a commercial background. Christmas doesn't make a big difference to the other public holidays for me. It has indeed a christian background , but what is left is more or less pure commerce.
I'm not makeing things better... i don't know the Christmas story at all , however I'm not christian either. In fact it has some nice parts beeing together with the whole family or the delicious food and that's why I anticipate Christmas in a way.
But there are not only these three days of celebration. Christmas brings for me terms I am used to. New years eve is coming just ahead and beside that our annual lan-party is between Christmas and new year and it's always big fun ;-))
Outside is it raining almost the whole day and that for weeks now. It's december and I wonder where the hell the snow is...
Maybe things will change ,but for now I have a lot of exams to write and too much stress to have time for thinking on Christmas.


Greetings Basti

Hearing: Nada Surf - Blankest Year

No comments: